Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cars and Goals

So the current stable has a 1986 245 DL, a 1997 855 GLT, and a 1985 245 DL.  The '86 is my project DD, with coilovers and 17" wheels and a few engine and interior mods, and more stuff planned.  The '97 is the GF's daily, and other than stage 0 there really aren't that many plans for it.  The '85 currently has title issues, but I just might make it a DD while I turbo and megasquirt and otherwise wrench on the '86.

However, I'd really like something newer at some point.  So I'm thinking I might see about picking up a '95 855 Turbo.  Why not newer than '95?  Because of course I'm going to be fucking with it.  OBDII gets fairly invasive, and that starts in '96.  I want a manual car, probably megasquirted, and when you get past '96 it gets harder to make that kind of thing happen.  It's doable, but I'm on a budget and I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Eventually I'd make the '86 a track bitch of some kind, DD my 850, sell the '85 and let the GF do whatever she wanted to the GLT.  That's what I'm thinking for now, anyway.  We'll see how this all pans out.  In the next week or two I'm hoping to get a couple of steps further with the '86 AND the '85, so expect some updates on that front in a few days.

0 comments: