Pages

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Time to make the donuts!

Got a bit of work to do on the car, though I'm not sure it'll be today as the weather isn't cooperating.  I have a horrible toe-in issue that is just DECIMATING my front tires.  I thought I'd done a fairly decent ghetto alignment when I fixed my steering rack, but obviously that was not the case.  Car has been very twitchy, especially in the rain, and I've got some really bad wear on the outside shoulders.  So I think I might just head over to the parental units' abode and get that fixed somehow.  Perhaps I should read up on a better methodology on ghetto alignments first, however.

Also have to fix a part of the exhaust - that S pipe is VERY holey and thus is causing me to fail emissions testing.  At least I think that's what causing the failures.  After I replace that I'll run down to DEQ and see if that's what it is.  If not...well lets not go there quite yet because that is where things start to get expensive.  If I had a welder and a chop saw it'd be free but I don't and those two items are NOT free.


Then because of the toe issue I've got to rotate the tires, and/or get some new ones.  Again, not free.  Not to mention DEQ testing will run me about $110.  Cars are expensive!

0 comments: