Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Spare 245 takes over DD status

A few things since the last time I updated.  Got a trip permit for the 85 (which I have since christened 'Beige Betty'), got it through DEQ, figured out the titling issues, installed different wheels, plugged the roof rack and antenna holes, got a couple of trim peices, and did some painting.  It's actually looking quite not bad now:
So as it sits it has taken over as my DD, while the issues with the maroon '86 (which I have not named as of yet) get sorted out.  Parental units have returned, but the motorhome has not blocked my access quite yet so I have some time to get the '86 worked on.  Father bought a welder, I brought out my collection of 3" pipe bends, cat and muffler, and found that I need very little if any cutting to happen to get a full 3" exhaust on the car.  So that shall be my project for the next week - learning how to weld (on a Lincoln 125), and then using that skill to weld up my first exhaust.  Fun!
What else?  Well not much until I get the exhaust done.  Perhaps a drive out to Milwaukee to get some parts off of another wagon (namely lock cylinders for the '85)?  Then the kids this weekend...  I wonder what the ex will think of this car now that I've reclaimed it and fixed it up a little?  At least I don't have to depend on her to find the title any longer.

0 comments: