Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And we're legal!

Took some paperwork down to the DMV today, and $193 later, we have plates, tags and should get the title in the mail sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I think thus far I've paid more for the title issues for this car than I paid for the car!  Sheesh!  Got the plates mounted as well - went for a slightly less than stock location for the front plate.  I think it looks pretty good, so I did the same on the '86, though I didn't take a pic of that.  Then I did some mock-upping of the exhaust on the '86, and found that where I was going to put the cat and muffler wouldn't work under the car, so I had to rearrange my plans there.  Not a big deal really, I'll just need more 3" straight pipe than I originally thought.

Then I figured out a side exit mounting point, installed the new master cylinder, put on 400-series side markers (Sorry Michael! I'll show you how to do them though, it's REALLY easy), and started installing a keyless entry system.  Got that to the point where it'll flash the lights, but I needed my manual to tell me where to splice into the door lock system to actuate that and I left the manual at home.  D'oh!  I'll bring it with me tomorrow.

0 comments: