Pages

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Spare 245 is now moar lower

Spent some time with the beige '85 245 today, most notable accomplishment being the installation of the cut springs out of my '86 245.  3 coils front, 2 coils rear, makes it NICE and low, as evidenced by photographic proof:

This pic shows just the front lowered, so it has a bit of a rake.  Rears were done shortly thereafter.  Not shown is the changing of brake pads, fixing of AC compressor mounts, replacement of AC seals, removal of radiator and some various PS pump mount fixings.  This car has had some serious neglect going on.  I'm pretty sure every rear bushing needs to be replaced, which is a complete contrast to the '86 245's state.  That car is in fabulous shape, so I'm glad I only paid $400 for this one.


I'll probably end up grabbing the Hydras and installing them on this car for now, as they have great tires (which I spent more on than this whole car), then finishing up stage 0 before making this my DD while I Megasquirt the '86.  I have a week to get all of this accomplished, as I'm using my parents' extra garage and when they return they'll be blocking the driveway with a HUGE motorhome.  Damnit.

0 comments: