Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

AND IT RUNS!

But I'm SUCH an idiot.  Turns out it wasn't the ECU after all.  There was a fuse that I had checked, and checked again, that wasn't fully connecting and so thus it wasn't giving the ECU a full 12v.  Thing is, when I checked the pin on the ECU that this fuse supplies, it WAS giving 12v.  The only time it wasn't, was when I was trying to start the damned car.  After I got that going I almost immediately pulled the car out of the garage and put it in the side yard so I can pressure wash the engine bay again.  But first - I needed to replace the transmission mount on Betty.  So I did that.  And DAMN did that make a difference in the way Betty drives.  I can't even begin to tell you how much better it is now.

Then I cleaned up the garage and folded up the ginormous tarp that I'd laid out on the floor to keep things from messing up my parents' garage, and headed out back to work on Roon a bit.  Now that the walbro is installed and the fuel fumes are gone, I could grind off the old wastegate arm on the turbo and reweld it to where I needed it to be.  So I did that.  I'll go back tomorrow and take some pics.  I DO need to pick up a circlip or some manner of restraining device for the gate though.  Bad thing is that my braided drain hose decided it didn't want to be married to the -AN ends any longer, so now I think I'll just find some high-temp hose that will work in that location.  Fitting braided lines together without the proper tools is a HUGE pain in the ass.

And that was it for my car work today.  Accomplished a fair amount, and that makes me happy.

0 comments: