Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Keyless Entry Powers ACTIVATE!

I installed keyless entry on Roon tonight.  Did a bunch of other stuff too, but that was the high point of the evening.  And while I was typing this, decided to make a tutorial/guide on turbobricks to make it easier for others to do the same, right here. (you will probably have to have an account and be logged in to view it)  Short version in the pic to the right.
I found out that I have to do some rewiring as well.  Turns out that the wires from the old harness aren't supplying 12v switched like I thought they would be, so now I don't have a power source for my fuel pumps nor knocksense.  Also the switched power that I THOUGHT I would have for Megasquirt, wasn't.  Thus is the problem with adapting a prior harness to work with your new shit.  I've got to rewire power down the main harness anyway, so while I'm in there I think I'll fix a couple of things that came out wrong the first time around.  This is a learning experience, folks.  Next time will go much smoother, I'm sure.

0 comments: